Huntington Beach, CA asked in Divorce for California

Q: We filed for and were granted a divorce. Both parties would now like to amend some terms of the MSA. How do we start?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jacqueline Yvonne Blade
Jacqueline Yvonne Blade
  • Westlake Village, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Make a list of each issue you want to modify and how you want to change it. You can prepare a Stipulation with the modifications made, have both parties sign it and then submit it to the court for an order. It is wise to have an attorney review the changes first to o make sure neither one of you overlooked some important issue, and also to put the document in the the proper legal format.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.