Ventura, CA asked in Employment Law for California

Q: Can a company not give you your earned bonus for the year if you quit after year end?

I was hired with the monthly & year end bonus as part of the package, I worked all year but will take a new job in 2 weeks, they said if I am not employed when they hand them out, I do not get mine.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aryeh Leichter
Aryeh Leichter
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Whether or not you're entitled to the bonus is dependent on the terms of your agreement. Please give me a call (213) 381-6557 or send me an email at if you wish to discuss the matter further.


Ari Leichter

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.