Kearny, NJ asked in Divorce, Family Law and Securities Law for New Jersey

Q: What are my entitlement as we are now separated for 5 months

My husband bought a house in Georgia less than a month after he gave me a letter to say he was moving out and taking few of his stuff. He bought a house in Georgia and have his ex wife name added to the property because doesn't want me nor our baby to attain any of his assets. His name isn't the front for the property but his social attached him to the house. Am I or our child entitled to any share of this property as he bought it cash with money we had been saving, but he took all the money and paid cash to get it at a cheaper price

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: I am sorry to hear of your ordeal. In order to determine what your entitlement is, the best thing is to have an in person consultation with an experienced matrimonial law attorney. It sounds as though marital assets were used to purchase this property. An attorney will also be able to obtain temporary child and spousal support. The attorney will also explain the divorce process to you. Good luck.

H. Scott Aalsberg agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.