Pasco, WA asked in Immigration Law and Juvenile Law for Washington

Q: I'm 16 and 8 months pregnant can I do the fiancé visa with parents permission for my 25 year old boyfriend?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Shan Dimitris Potts
Shan Dimitris Potts
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Glendale, CA

A: You can but you would need a petition the court to get a special license to marry. I see your question is from washington where the legal age to marry with parental consent is 17, since you are 8 months pregnant it might a good reason to get the license which is given for people who want to get married under "special circumstances". Or if you are going to be 17 anytime soon you can apply for the K visa already because the process takes about 6 months. Either way talk to an attorney to help you with this process as K visas have become more complicated these days. All the best.

15 years of successful immigration law experience. The answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.