Tampa, FL asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and International Law for Florida

Q: How does one obtain a visitor's visa/pardon to the U.S.?

My mother would like to visit me in the U.S. but she was deported in 2008 after serving a 12 year sentence (conspiracy charge). She is currently in Jamaica (birthplace). My grandmother and I are US citizens. Prior to my mother's incarceration she was a resident. Due to my grandmother's health concerns my mother is seeking permission to visit the US. I'm not sure what she fully needs (wavier or visitor's visa) to in order to visit us.

1 Lawyer Answer
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
Camlinh Nguyen Rogers
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sanford, FL

A: There are questions and answers similar to the mentioned situation on our website at http://aba-us.com/other-services/?lang=en. You can take a look for general information. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.