San Jose, CA asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Car Accidents for Texas

Q: My car got hit in the back got her insurance no police report insurance denied the payment I call her she don't answer

On accident no police report it was her fault she hit my car in the back estimate cost 2000$ to fix it I got insurance called them they give me estimate but insurance denied payment she didn't pay insurance afterwards I call her she doesn't respond what should I

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: If you have collision let them deal with it; if not, send her the estimate with a letter stating that her insurance says she didn't pay and it cancelled, that if she doesn't pay or respond you will ask the DMV to suspend her license and report her as not having insurance to the police.If you were hurt you may have uninsured motorist coverage--contact a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Assn--they give free consults.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.