Corpus Christi, TX asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Texas

Q: On 8/10/16 my brother suffered from sever dehydration and a heat stroke while at work.

His coworkers did nothing to help him, they just left him there on the ground. He was some how able to call a close friend to go drive the worksite and render aid to him. He was suffering sever cramps and could not move. His friend got there and saw him in very bad shape so he immediately called 911, since my coworkers could not even do that for him. The ambulance took him to the hospital where he was admitted and kept for a day. The next day his boss let him go and has refused to file a worker's comp claim or pay the ambulance and hospital bills. What recourse does he have?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact a member of the Texas Trial Lawyers Assn who handles workers comp and construction site injuries. They give free consultations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.