Tavares, FL asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida

Q: I just found out that my girlfriend that broke up with 3 years ago had my son

She says he's mine she doesn't want me in his life I want to be a part of my son's life every man wants his son she says there's no way that I'll never see him she said that she doesn't want any part of me what can I do please help me

1 Lawyer Answer
Deborah Bianchi Tracht
Deborah Bianchi Tracht
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need a paternity action filed immediately. This is too important to try to do it by yourself. I strongly advise that you utilize the services of an experienced family law attorney. You need to figure out how to borrow money for this purpose. This is your child's future we are talking about.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.