Yorba Linda, CA asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law and Probate for Nevada

Q: Dad died, left behind small timeshare property before adding mom's name. How to exact transfer of deed to my mom?

The property is in the state of Nevada where community property law applies. What steps need to be taken to transfer ownership of deed to my mom? I understand no probate needed -- correct? Does filing an Affidavit of Death of Spouse Holding Community Property apply in this situation? How do we get a newly notarized deed for my mom? Any help appreciated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Craig Reed
Jonathan Craig Reed
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Sorry to disappoint, but since the timeshare in Nevada is considered real estate, the only procedure available is "Set Aside Without Administration." Most people will need a lawyer to do that. In addition to the fees and costs of the probate lawyer, the timeshare company may charge a title transfer fee.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.