San Antonio, TX asked in Banking, Energy, Oil and Gas, Probate and Securities Law for Texas

Q: How much is a declaration? Of heir in texas and is it able to be deducted from a settlement with the comptroller?

Its my second cousin. Had no kids. My dads cousin. Mu aunt took carebif this many years ago after his suicide and failed to find a number of open accounts and what not. Ive not had comyavt with her in at k1east 3 yrs or more and havent spokennto my cousins, her kids in even longer. I always stayed with him summers growing up cause he was mentoring me in computer programming and martial arts ans had an idea in his head thatnje might be my dad. Cause him and my mom . well . my dad was his cousin. Through my grandfather who was my dads step dad i found out. My grandmother has passed after my grandfather and my father passed before her. So besides my sister who never met my cousin. Therea just me thats been uneasy about hus death all these years.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tammy Lyn Wincott
Tammy Lyn Wincott
  • Probate Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I suggest you have an in-person consultation with an attorney. It's a time-consuming job to review all the appropriate facts and advise you accordingly; therefore, you will probably be charged for the consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.