Mount Vernon, WA asked in Car Accidents and DUI / DWI for Washington

Q: Mother arrested for 2nd offence DUI, she ran a red light and was struck by a vehicle, she denied her breathalyzer.

How much would it cost to get her out and would we need the money up front? What would the process be like?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Jason Powers
Jason Powers PRO label
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: The cost to get her out (I assume you mean out of jail) is the bail amount. Check the website of the jail she is being held in and you should find the bail as it is set. If you do not have the full amount you can post 10% if you go through a bond company. Most bond companies are very efficient at getting a person out once they are hired. If money is an issue you may wait until the first appearance or arraignment and the attorney can request bail be lowered or for her to be release on her recognizance - meaning no bail if this was granted. It would be worth your time to meet with an attorney as soon as you can to discuss her release options. Good luck!

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You want an attorney who handles DUI cases in the county where she was charged. At least get a consult. Most will set up a payment plan.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.