New Paltz, NY asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for New York

Q: This morning I got fired from work due to the assumption of taking marijuana plants from an adjacent property to work.

There is no cameras or proof of any actions. Do I have a case?

1 Lawyer Answer
James Francis Barna
James Francis Barna
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Cazenovia, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: You don't have any sort of wrongful termination action against your employer. The courts have no tolerance for marijuana at work. If you have proof that you did not take marijuana to work, submit it to your employer and you may get your job back. Otherwise, more information would be needed to make an assessment.

I represent employees in Upstate New York.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.