Quincy, IL asked in Business Law, Libel & Slander, Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Illinois

Q: I was in a vehicle accident a couple months ago during my recovery an employee of mine had my former customers sign a pa

Paper saying I was shutting the doors to my business (which I'm not) and having those customers go through his business that he was starting is there any legal action I can take

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Yes, you can file an action to have the earnings from those customers go to you. You need to consult a business attorney who handles partnership and other business litigation dealing with who shares in the proceeds of a business.

If you have the business's computers you need to get their advice on how to 1)block former employee from access (though he may have downloaded) 2) what to look for as far as records showing what the state of the business was.

At the same time you need to be proactive and use this as a "time to reinvent MY business opportunity, even if you didn't ask for it. Growing your business is as important as any litigation with Mr. Swine.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.