Phoenix, AZ asked in Divorce, Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Civil Litigation for California

Q: My estranged spouse is listed as petitioner 30 years ago and his divorce petition in CA was dismissed. He never refiled

. I was only a respondent in any hearing, other than a TRO. He is parading as petitioner in a second proceeding as a divorced man to my response, with holding all our marital assets, house, pensions, car, insurance and tricked the courts as a law student. I wen to get child support wage assignment and the clerk had me sign a judgment for aTRO earlier approved with me as plaintiff. He or I never filed a divorce petition after his dismissal. Yet there was in error a second hearing as Mr ray as petitioner not even his handwriting filed as petitioner. I told court administration clerks never refiled as petitioner for dissolution just check his handwriting. All my assets and rights have been cancelled three deçades.

1 Lawyer Answer
David Keith Hicks
David Keith Hicks
  • Dunsmuir, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: What county are you in?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.