Springfield, NH asked in Education Law, Personal Injury, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for New Hampshire

Q: Can I sue school for wrongly implying that I bullied someone?

I was given a suspension based on a comment I made referencing someone, but I never even said their name. This was not the first time I said something about her and I was given a warning the first time. However, I feel as if this time, the comment I made isn't considered bullying and that they are basing their decision off the fact that I have done it before. They said it was a targeting issue but I clearly never said her name. I just said something that was associated with the state she lives in. Please tell me if I can do anything about this because I feel like I was unjustly punished.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
  • Manchester, NH
  • Licensed in New Hampshire

A: I don't see enough facts in this scenario to justify a lawsuit unless there is more, a good place to get someone in the school ranks to help you with any problems you may have may start with filing a complaint to your superintendent or to the person representing your district on the school board.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.