New Hampshire Libel & Slander Questions & Answers

Q: Divorced,mother has custody.17 year old drives,father bought and registered car in father’s mother liable?

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for New Hampshire on
Answered on Apr 30, 2018
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
The person who was driving the car is first and foremost responsible for the accident, and because of the age of the driver, if found at fault, will have liability issues and reinstatement issues of license if not reported to the police, and most likely will be required, prior to driving again, to get an SR-22 from DMV, which is very expensive. Under the facts of this case both parents could be responsible for the other persons damages. mother should have known child was driving car without...

Q: Can I sue school for wrongly implying that I bullied someone?

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Personal Injury, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for New Hampshire on
Answered on Dec 8, 2017
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
I don't see enough facts in this scenario to justify a lawsuit unless there is more, a good place to get someone in the school ranks to help you with any problems you may have may start with filing a complaint to your superintendent or to the person representing your district on the school board.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.