New Hampshire Internet Law Questions & Answers

Q: I am being slandered on line on a daily basis for over two years. Do I need a lawyer or can I go to the police?

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for New Hampshire on
Answered on Oct 30, 2018
Timur Akpinar's answer
I do not practice in New Hampshire, but your question has not been picked up in four weeks. I can’t speak for New Hampshire, but slander-libel is generally a civil matter throughout the United States. It is considered an intentional tort. Slander is generally verbal while libel is in writing. A consultation with an attorney could enable you to determine whether you have a viable case that would be cost-effective to pursue. Because intentional torts can have short statutes of limitations, you...

Q: Can I post photos of celebrities, musicians, etc. on my own personal website if I'm deriving profit from the website?

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property and Internet Law for New Hampshire on
Answered on May 24, 2018
John Espinosa's answer
If you are using it to make money it is not a personal use but a commercial one. Don't use the photos without getting permission from the copyright holder.

Q: Can I sue school for wrongly implying that I bullied someone?

1 Answer | Asked in Education Law, Personal Injury, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for New Hampshire on
Answered on Dec 8, 2017
Joseph Kelly Levasseur's answer
I don't see enough facts in this scenario to justify a lawsuit unless there is more, a good place to get someone in the school ranks to help you with any problems you may have may start with filing a complaint to your superintendent or to the person representing your district on the school board.

Q: A website copies our content 100%, as is, with no compensation to us. Where can we sue them?

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property, International Law and Internet Law for New Hampshire on
Answered on Jul 5, 2017
Griffin Klema's answer
It sounds like a very complex case, involving international copyright issues. You might consider asking yourself whether enforcement of your intellectual property rights will yield a net positive gain, because it sounds like a very expensive case to pursue legally, and may require a team of lawyers licensed in different countries. What kind of revenue are you losing to the putative infringer? Does the infringer have money to pay on a judgment?

However, there may be targeted, surgical...

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.