Bulverde, TX asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Military Law for Oklahoma

Q: Military Dad ask mom to sign custody so he can receive financial benefits of BAH money. Can mom restore custody back?

Kids have always resided with mom. Mom brought kids for a visit and Dad presented document to the police who then escorted Mom away. Mom wants to know how to get children back physically. Dad will not allow kids to see Mom or any of her family. He has isolated the children, re-married, and enrolled kids in school. In 2017 Mom had custody, child support in place, but closed case due to Dad's request. He is in the military and can deploy anytime or relocate. Mom needs guidance fast.

1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pryor, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: So much for trusting a guy who was trying to defraud the government! She will need to hire a lawyer, and file a Motion to Modify. Also probably write the Commanding Officer of his base and share all the details. Good luck.

Please visit my website www.garyjdean.com and Subscribe for updates on Oklahoma Law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.