Waldorf, MD asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation and Consumer Law for Maryland

Q: I need advice on what I am able to do about a company who owes me more than $5,000.

I am a former LuLaRoe (a clothing company) consultant who cancelled my contract with the company back in September of last year. During this time, they were offering a 100% refund of inventory sent back with their provided shipping labels. They received my inventory on September 15, 2017. I have all correspondence between myself and the company. They acknowledged receiving my inventory and have confirmed I should be receiving $5,637.30 by check in the mail. They claimed to have sent the refund check on Jan 17, 2018 and to wait two full weeks to receive it via USPS mail. I have not received it to the present day. I need to know what I can do about this legally. They have had my inventory that I paid for since September and I feel they are holding my items without paying me back for them. Thank you for any advice. I can provide additional information upon request.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: You could choose to file a lawsuit in the Maryland district court (assuming you have jurisdiction) to seek a judgment against the company. Consult a lawyer for your best options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.