Saint Clairsville, OH asked in Juvenile Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Internet Law for Ohio

Q: How can Ohio 17yr old juvenile get emancipated or married without parents consent

She wants to know how she can get emancipated or can she get married without a parents consent being only 17 yrs old? She stays with my 19 yr old son all day AMD goes home just at night and parents are ok with it but will not let her move in with us. They keep making her life hell just cuz they can cuz she's underage but won't let her leave so they can keep pretending to be a perfect Christian family so they don't hurt their repureputation. Her and my son have been dating for several years already. They treat her like crap all the time. Please tell me what we can do to help her out cps hasn't done nothing to help

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Ohio does not permit it. They are her parents, and they make the decisions if CPS won't get involved. See this link for more information:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.