Lansing, MI asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, White Collar Crime and Identity Theft for California

Q: How to get my case in a different Federal Jurisdiction?

I have a case that involves alot of unconstitutional acts and everyone in the the same area seem to have in one way or another participated. I want to get my case moved to a different jurisdiction in a federal court however I am stuck on whether or not that is possible and if there is a United States District Court that has the ability to hear cases from other States say like a court in Washington DC?

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: need a lot more facts

the first thing you have to do is hire an EXPERIENCED FEDERAL ATTORNEY.

most lawyers in the greater Palm Springs Area do not do Federal. In part it is because there is no federal court around us.

federal courts can hear cases from other states but this should be addressed to the lawyer you retain.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.