El Monte, CA asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for California

Q: i just got a letter from district attorneys office stating the office filed a complaint charge against me for identity

theft and gave me a court date. i got arrested last year and was a D.A reject. regarding this matter since it wasnt my things that i was arrested for what should i do?

Related Topics:
3 Lawyer Answers

Dmitry Gorin

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: What should you do? First step would be to consult with a local criminal criminal lawyer to review the details and your legal options. Don't make any statements to law enforcement. Remain silent.

Wais Azami

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to consult a local criminal defense attorney ASAP. Your letter from the DA is a very serious charge and it's time-sensitive. I am available for a free consult.

Dale S. Gribow

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed

however, jeopardy does not attach until jury sworn in.

you should contact the same lawyer you had last year.

i assume they filed as a felony which means you have to appear each time.

if u do not have a lawyer call me for a referral or free consultation......dale gribow 760 837 7500

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.