Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for North Carolina

Q: i need to hire a criminal defense lawyer for my sister, who resides in costa rica. how can i obtain a power of atty?

my sisters name is being used illegally in Charlotte, North Carolina. we need help in dismissing the case, and demand strict proof of such accusations. i need help to clear her name and countersue for pain and suffering, along with the damages this has caused my sister and our entire family.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bill Powers
Bill Powers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina


Unfortunately, Power of Attorney does not authorize someone to stand in their shoes, at least as it comes to defending criminal charges.

Bill Powers

Charlotte Criminal Defense Lawyer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.