Silver Spring, MD asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Alabama

Q: Wht do I do? Alabama, student moving into an apartment in (3) days. Leased apt not like the model shown. It's a dump!

Water damage, stained ceiling, mold, dirty air vents, exposed wires, broken tiles, torn wall paper, chipped tile, missing cover plates, an unsecured door lock. reeks of smoke/weed, no shower head, dirty kitchen cabinets...

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Go back to the landlord and tell him that you will not move in until the defects are fixed. You might need to hire an attorney in the county where the apartment is located.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.