Hollis, NY asked in Elder Law, Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for New York

Q: My elderly mother is threatened with an eviction from her Appartment while she is at a Nursing Home for 17 Months.

The landlord has not been commenting to my requests about getting 1 Shot Deal to collect the rent owed.

And suddenly he sends an eviction notice with a court date.

She needs the appartment very much,as ahe is intending to come back home to live.

Wish to postpone the Court Date ,which is tomorrow,to attend to it within time and need a Lawyer to do so.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Just saw this now. This is a tough case. You are going to have to prove she is able to return.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.