Carlsbad, CA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for California

Q: what can i do about false or mislading statemnts given under oath by social worker to supreme court of ca

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald Arthur Hilland
Donald Arthur Hilland
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Fernando, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: How do you know the statements are false or misleading? What is your proof that the statements are false or misleading? Are you a party to the child custody case? Or are you simply someone who knows the truth? There are too many uncertainties in your question. Filing documents with the supreme court is like every court, except that you probably have to file online, but more and more courts are doing that anyway. But remember there are strict time limits for filings. Of course, there also always exceptions if you have one. Talk to an attorney ASAP. Most attorneys will speak to you for free the first time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.