West Chester, OH asked in Bankruptcy, Divorce and Family Law for Illinois

Q: How to get some help with Attorney Fees / Court Cost as an out of state respondent from OH. Divorce Petitioned in IL.

I am seeking some financial help and/or, Pro-Bono, or very low cost legal representation in a Divorce case filed against me in Lake county IL.

My husband left " for a new Job" one year ago, leaving our 11y,o daughter ( w/Autism) & me behind. It was our intention to join him once our home here was sold, or when our daughter finished School year here whichever came sooner.

However, 2 wks ago, (exactly 1 year later since he took the job), he filed for divorce and drastically stopped his contributions to the home here. I had not worked outside the home for 8+years, He was the primary provider. But his lawyer said: "He only needs to pay child support which can range up to

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Timothy Denison

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Check with legal aid and the local bar association where the case is filed. They can help you find a lawyer.

J. Richard Kulerski Esq.

  • Oak Brook Terrace, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Contact the Lake County Bar Association in Waukegan, and explain your situation to them. They will point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.