Dallas, TX asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Texas

Q: Husband's new boss refuses to pay wages owed after asking me to have sex with him for money. What can we do?

Husband is subcontractor in construction and was promised on going work. I was told his boss interested in administrator for company. During discussion while waiting for husband's return from assignment, the new boss asked me if i would have sex with him for money. After being declined, he shorted my husband's pay for second day in row and continues to refuse to pay. Obviously no further employment is going to happen but we need the unpaid wages.

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Does the company have more than 15 employees?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.