Canyon Country, CA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for California

Q: What kind of attorney do i need? If a well known Hotel throw all of my belongings including my sons ashes in the trash.

There policy is hold guest belongings for 90 days they did not wait 1 day. I need an Attorney i dont want this hotel getting away with this im devastated all I care about is my babys ashes someone needs to pay how can you put a price on ashes.

2 Lawyer Answers

Steven McNicholl

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in California

A: It will depend on the amount of damages you wish to claim. In California, if you claim damages of less than $10,000 you will likely be in small claims court. There are attorney's that help with small claims court cases. If you claim an amount greater than that you would need a civil attorney to assist you.

Dale S. Gribow

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

if you hire a private lawyer it will cost you on an hourly.......but you can file in small claims for up to $10k

was your baby deceased before you got there? why were you absent for a day? did you notify them? were you supposed to pay daily?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.