Columbia, MD asked in Immigration Law for Maryland

Q: FilingN400 at 4 years and9 months under5 years permanent residency. Can first 3 months residential address be of abroad?

Filing N400 at 4 years and 9 months under 5 years permanent residency. Can first 3 months residential address be of abroad?

Should I mention it?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Kelli Y Allen

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Charlotte, NC

A: Yes, absolutely list all addresses accurately. As long as you have not been out of the U.S. for more than 6 months at a time, and have been in the U.S. more total days than you have been outside the U.S. during the last 5 years, you're fine for purposes of the residency requirement.

Allen C. Ladd agrees with this answer

Allen C. Ladd

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC

A: Yes. You will be giving travel information on the N-400. This will include the first 3 months of your 4.75-year period. Be sure, now, to stay in the USA and in the same city, state where you are now, for at least the next 90 days.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.