Charlotte, NC asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Virginia

Q: Parents divorcing. 4 year olds custody to be decided. Child regularly says he doesn't want to be with his mother.

I'm in desperate need of help. My best friend is going through a tumultuous custody battle with his soon-to-be ex-wife. He's currently an unemployed single father who's doing the best he can given his situation. Everyday this woman makes it harder and harder on him. We have spoken to multiple lawyers in Chester and Chesterfield with little-to-no positive results. would it be possible to get a quote or some advice as to where we should turn.This child deserves to be with his father. And right now money is keeping them apart. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel P Leavitt
Daniel P Leavitt
  • Midlothian, VA
  • Licensed in Virginia

A: You are going to want to find a local family law lawyer in the jurisdiction where this is taking place and go with the best one. That may very well not be the lowest fee but it may not be the highest fee either. Any good family law lawyer will be able to guide him through the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.