Lexington, KY asked in Consumer Law, Lemon Law and Small Claims for Kentucky

Q: I unknowingly purchased a vehicle that was in a flood. Can I legally do anything about it?

Kinda long story,I’ll try 2 shorten it best I can.

(2 vehicles )I purchased a used vehicle from a small town dealer and he told me that all the car needed was a wheel alignment and it would be fixed(on Sat.) the following Mon. I took the car to 2 different certified alignment places and they said it had a bent frame and they couldn’t or wouldn’t align it because it was so messed up. I called the guy I got it from and told him and after several conversations the best I could get from him was 2 trade it in for another car. I felt that was my only option. I then without knowing traded him (plus I pd more money )for a water damaged title vehicle that I later found out came from a insur.co. in N.Carolina. I had 2 have it towed,smells moldy rotten ,hard to find a co.that will give me ins coverage...

He resold the bent frame vehicle 2 someone bedore I got home that day. So I know I’m not the only person he’s done this way.hes gonna get someone hurt or worse....he’s a very bad man.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You need to hire s lawyer and sue him for fraud. That’s a double scam.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.