Asked in Divorce for California

Q: Wife's attorney ignored my Form Interogatories, and my Meet And Confer letter. What's next:Discovery?or Order to Compel?

My wife's attorney did not provide bank statements/checking/savings/401k any of these in their disclosure. (California-full disclosure state) I requested them thru Form Interrogatories -deadline passed he did not answer, then I wrote follow-up email -he did not answer, then I sent Meet and Confer -deadline passed still no answer.... What would be next step -file motion for Discovery? or file for 'Order to Compel'?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andy Cook
Andy Cook
  • San Diego, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Probably do a motion to compel if more than 30 days have gone by since the discovery demands were served by someone other than you over the age of 18 and not a party to the action.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.