Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for Texas

Q: My dad is being detained and charged with reentry and is a federal case now.Is there anything that anybody can do ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jose M. Rocha
Jose M. Rocha
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You should seek advise from an attorney familiar with reentry cases in federal court and immigration law. A reentry case in federal court depends on many factors to resolve, and to adequately advise you on whether anything that anybody can do to help your father. However, it is important to understand that there are defenses to the accusation of reentry, and you should explore those for your father’s case with an attorney. In short, seek the advise of an attorney to explore the options available in a reentry case as they relate to your unique case situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.