Vermilion, OH asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Contracts and Appeals / Appellate Law for Ohio

Q: Is there a way to get State of Ohio to review their finding of a teacher’s performance rating?

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Martin Broyles
Bruce Martin Broyles
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Lancaster, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The teacher has the administrative right to challenge the performance rating by the terms of the teacher's contract. There are very specific objections or challenges to the performance rating that have to be brought within strict time limits.

Students and parents do not have such a right.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.