Salinas, CA asked in Civil Rights and Wrongful Death for California

Q: I’m 43 years old disabled adult, female. My disablities are: Cerbral Palsy, and Diabette

Insipidus . I’m wheelchair bound I use an electric wheelchair to get around. In 1985 my mom passed away from   cervical cancer at the age of 29. In 1996 my dad passed away from  a brain aneurysm. At the of 45.I live on my own in Salinas California since May 2009.  I have San Andreas Regional Center, and they pays for Social Vocational Service/Support Living Service, SVS/SLS for short. SVS/SLS  provides caregivers for me to live independently. After my parents passed  my aunt became my  conservator.  Now my aunt wants my sister to be my conservator. I feel like someones: property or something that someonep could clamed. Honestly  I feel that I don’t need conservator. I feel that never needed one. But, I was guilted into my conservator ship after my parents passed away. Every since 2016 I’d also wanted to ended my services at Sarc, and SVS/SLS because I was  emotional bullied, and institutionalized, for having love and compassion for my caregivers, and their families. I need help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Here are some legal resources for you to contact in Salinas.

LaPorte Law Firm

119 Cayuga St · (831) 426-2535

Angelina Valle & Associates

1184 Monroe St #6 · (831) 753-0200

Based on my cursory review, either of these offices would likely be able to assist you with your issues.

Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.