San Francisco, CA asked in Employment Law, Contracts and Personal Injury for California

Q: Our contracted Payer didn't pay our company for over 45 days, Which forced us to close. What recourse can we take?


Freedom West coop S.F. got a new accountant April 1st, 2019. Instead of getting a check for 3/15/19 through 3/31/19 We received a notice of accountants that the only issuance of checks would be done on a 30-day cycle. Who did not pay the Vendors till April 28 through 5/15/19 The notice stated 1)current vendors did not have to comply with new rules till contract renewal. Then they requested Proof of insurances, which had become in lapsing status, we could not pay along with payroll, and our monthly expenses. We could have been brought up on chages for not paying our employees Code 210.

2)Then they the new accountants terminated our contract, due to no insurance, 3)which they didn't have the authority to do. 4) Nor did they pay us upon termination 5/14/19 per Calif. 4)our contract stated if contract terminated before r

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: much more info needed.

you need to contact a business lawyer who does civil litigation in your area........i handle DUI's and Accidents in Palm Springs area....however i suspect they will all require a retainer and bill on an hourly basis....

you should write out a summary of the facts that is easy to understand as civil lawyers usually charge on an hourly and you don't want to pay a lawyer to play secretary.

if you had a contract with them, did it require you have insurance? is that standard in your industry.

if the amount in dispute is less than $10,000 consider small claims.

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.