Q: Where can I find a pro bono attorney? My intentions is to file case against Hayward Police Department, Alameda County

Justice system( court houses) and All day towing. Is there any way that you guys can help me find a pro bono attorney that is willing to fight for me. I went to Legal Aid in Hayward courthouse and they told me they cannot help me because I have a big case

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Contact the County Bar Association in your county and ask for their lawyer referral service to request they refer you to a lawyer who can assist you with your case. You may not find someone to help you pro bono, but if you have a good case you won't have too much trouble finding a good lawyer to take your case on a contingency basis. You should be aware that if your civil rights have been violated causing you to suffer damages out of pocket, the civil rights laws permit you and your lawyer to recover the attorney's fees from the party you are suing, so you should not have to worry about getting a big legal bill. Any good civil rights lawyer will know how to handle this.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.