Montgomery, AL asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Alabama

Q: Landlord changed locks on a commercial property I've leased till 2020 without notice. Should I call locksmith to get in?

The commercial property is leased in Montgomery .The contract states that it's for two years ending in 2020. A week ago today the landlord and I had a disagreement about a sublease she wanted to add to the contract already signed .The sublease states I give up half of the property leased to other tenant along with covering any utilities used by tenant. I disagreed so she wants me to move . The property in question was restored by my business after it sat vacant for years. After restoring property she now wants more rent. Currently all rent is paid in full. No reason for eviction all other requirements stated in lease have not been violated. I have reached out to landlord no response.

Called County Courthouse no evictions has been file.

2 Lawyer Answers
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: How can any attorney on here answer the question without reviewing the lease, the payments and all other issues.

Did you call landlord?

Bruce Alexander Minnick agrees with this answer

1 user found this answer helpful

A: If your commercial lease was in any state other than Alabama I would tell you to take back the property you leased.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.