Rochester, NY asked in Consumer Law, Energy, Oil and Gas and Environmental for New York

Q: I had my furnace replaced in Feb of 2019. It was never installed properly, I'm now getting the run-around, what to do?

My husband knew something wasn't right with the install, we had them come over several times as our humidity was was out of control. Every time a tech came over, they insisted that all we needed was to spend thousands more to get a whole home dehumidifier. One time they were at my home inspecting for 4 hours, the tech not only tried to up sell a dehumidifier but also a new AC unit, and he and the manager on the phone just made my husband feel like he was an idiot. July, he found that our AC unit had been leaking water into the furnace. Called the same company. A different tech came over, he was shocked at the poor installation, telling my husband that the installer never set the fan to the proper setting, which not only caused the humidity to go up in the house but was now causing my AC unit to over work, freeze and drain into the brand new furnace. Water marks were obvious, we took photos. We have now been given the run-around for 4 weeks.

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: If there is a warranty, make a claim. You can also do a small claims case for the damages.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.