El Centro, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California

Q: I want to know if i go get my kids from my x sister iñ law she has temporary custody of them. Due 2 the fact they were

Removed from him. His house was raided 4 drugs & drugs were found with both my girls being there my 15 yr old & my 12 yr old who has down sydrome. The NTF notified cps they came did a emergency removal never notified me about it. My girls were taken 2 get druged tested cps didnt all9w me 2 go comfort them after that they took them to the recieving home not allowing me to have them. My x was taking into custudy & they want me to drug test & due there programs. I havent been charged with anything no co7rt order nothing but i cant have my girls for false allegations my x said about ne & what my 15 yr old was told 2 say about ne from her father. My x is a alienation parent & he is also a narcissist cps doesnt know about it. My attorney doesnt do nothiñg 4 me & now the case has become about me & cps isnt listening 2 anything i have 2 say there just on his síde. My girls dont want 2 be with him. They r scared of him & it goes on & on & on. Dont know what 2 do. Cps has violated all my rights

1 Lawyer Answer
Karen S. Socher
Karen S. Socher
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Ventura, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Often CPS and the courts ask the parents to do things like drug test and attend classes to make sure the parent is committed to ensuring the children's safety and well being. Often success requires cooperating with CPS and showing them that you are all about the kids.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.