Monroe Township, NJ asked in Immigration Law, Child Support and Social Security for Washington

Q: I’m ilegal in United state I’m have 18 years old my dad kick me out because he don’t want to have expenses with me

I’m come when I’m have 14 years old my mom is in my country she leave me alone because she married with other man and not one can’t take care of me I’m came here my dad change a lot he married with other woman she don’t like me he put me work when I’m have 15 because he don’t want to buy thinks what I need and he don’t give me money for my lunch at school I leave alone I can’t pay a attorney to pass my case I need have social security for can work I’m work in cleaning houses but I’m speak English now and I want a work more soft because cleaning it’s hard work and I need save money for my college can someone help me please.

1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda B Cook
Amanda B Cook
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Montgomery, AL

A: Honey I'm so sorry you're going through this. You should go to Catholic Social Services, if you can find one. If your dad has papers you may be able to get your green card through being a trafficking victim. You might be able to find help here:

Good luck to you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.