Twentynine Palms, CA asked in Consumer Law, Small Claims and Social Security for California

Q: disabled person rights on repossession of car in california far away from home left stranded

with wallet and cash still in car was so scared was sick for days told the tow people that i just need my wallet and meds even had police officer call and nope was stranded hungry scared in not so good neighborhood my disabled placard was showing correctly, I could of had another stroke or worse What can i do to these people so they wont do again

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for this terrible experience, given your disabled condition. A California attorney could advise best but your question remains open for four weeks. If you have medical documentation of the sickness/injury you suffered here, such as ER visit or doctor examination, gather them and see if you could arrange a consultation with an attorney. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.