Clarksville, TN asked in Criminal Law, Estate Planning, Foreclosure and Immigration Law for Florida

Q: How do I go about getting some pro Bono help with an illegal executor fraud And the omitting of a will

Their surplus funds $33,000 vehicles $28000 and a $25000 inheritance to be accounted for. I've been in the dark and told that I was not allowed to find out anything and so probate was over and we have never talked to this guy nobody knows him in now we're homeless because the house got foreclosed on at the last minute he refuses to speak with any of our family. I have proof about my Father's mental illnesses and his history of creating wills when he is wanting to commit suicide or feeling abandoned Also the executor Which is is biker buddy from his biker days lives out of state and cause the nothing but threaten me And the police of lynnhaven were protecting me 100% as he was told not to come around my family or his house BAD FAITH ..its just alot I really need some help as I am just learning of all these things by myself

2 Lawyer Answers
Seril L Grossfeld
Seril L Grossfeld
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: After the fact is the wrong time to start this. First, at least in Florida a non relative cannot be a personal representative if they live outside the state. Second a probate proceeding is a court proceeding and any irregularities should have been brought to the Judge's attention that is why the Judge is there. If no one complained the Judge does not know anything is wrong. Any interested party or beneficiary is entitled to have their own legal representation. Your attorney or even yourself could have filed documents to ask the Judge to review something or you could have filed objections. If you signed a waiver or consent at the beginning that may explain why you did not receive regular notice of proceedings until the end.

If the probate proceeding is over,perhaps you should make an appointment to discuss these matters with your local state attorney, since that is who would have authority to bring criminal charges.

Madeline Pichardo-Riestra agrees with this answer

Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
Madeline Pichardo-Riestra
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Ocala, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: A probate attorney would be beneficial in your case. Also, I agree with the above answer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.