Detroit, MI asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Environmental for Michigan

Q: I came in contact with silicosis dust from diamertous earth and i already had COPD anyways this powderly stuff

This powedrly stuff was put onto my capeting by my sister inlaw anyways afterwards after i inhauled this chemical called diametrous earth 3 days after i inhauled this powderly chemical 3 days afterwards i ended up into the hospital with small bowel obstruction i had to go through surgery because of this chemical it detoxs your body i had medicine inside me about at least 20 different meds and i think after i was exsposed to this chemical i had a reaction because of this chemical its to kill fleas and other insects so my nose started pealing the skin on the outter side of my nose both of them started pealing on the outter side of my nose i couldn't figure out why until i looked up the imformation i think i had a counter reaction because of the bowel obstruction anyways i already had lung disease COPD then i came in contact with silicosis dust from diametrous earth in the year 2017 is when this happened to me

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You should contact a Michigan attorney if this is something on which you are contemplating a claim. Your post remains open for a week and it looks like two-plus years have already elapsed. You should act without further delay to discuss state statutes of limitations for the applicable legal theories you would pursue. Your situation could present some challenges from the standpoint of causality, as you mention pre-existing lung disease and whatever possible impact the 20 meds might have had, if any. If you have the container for the product that contained the diatomaceous earth, or an MSDS (material safety data sheet) for it, that could be helpful to an attorney. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.