Pawtucket, RI asked in Criminal Law, Car Accidents and Juvenile Law for Rhode Island

Q: I am a 17 year old with a provisional license that is being convicted of a hit and run of an unattended vehicle.

I want to know what would happen because I was never aware of hitting that vehicle. I do remember driving that street that was very loud, narrow and full of wrongly parked cars everywhere

1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Talk to your lawyer about making restitution and negotiating a more palatable resolution. Not remembering is likely not your best defense, especially if there is a credible witness who does. Hitting parked cars is not generally excused, even when they are "wrongly parked"

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.