Girard, OH asked in Criminal Law, Sexual Harassment and Family Law for Ohio

Q: can you take back consent from a person and report it like if you havent met them but you guys did the sexual situation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Breezy M Warner
Breezy M Warner
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New Albany, OH

A: Are you asking on whether you can now claim rape because you changed your mind after having consensual sexual relations with someone? NO NO YOU CANNOT! This in itself is false reporting and is a crime.

If you are asking can you start out having consensual sexual relations and then decide to stop consenting. Yes you can always withdraw your consent when something is occurring and stop. If they do not stop after you have made it clear you are no longer a willing participant, then yes that would be rape and you should report the incident.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.