Bronx, NY asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Real Estate Law for New York

Q: Relatives not heirs, invades and builds a house on a land that belong to senior heirs living in PR w/out permission

One or two bully relatives in Camuy Puerto Rico, not heirs, invaded and started to build on land that belong to disable senior heirs w/out their permissions; Three of the heirs died, one lives in NY, and the other 2 seniors own homes and lived on that land for years. Eventhough the senior heirs have a Declaracion de Herederos, what can they do to assert their rights in getting these invaders off their property? Are there any reputable lawyers in NY that practice in both NY and Puerto Rico that handles these type of cases without the heir flying back and forth? Thank you!

1 Lawyer Answer
Elaine Shay
Elaine Shay
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Since the property is in Puerto Rico, you should post your question in an area with attorneys from that jurisdiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.