Colbert, WA asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Education Law for Washington

Q: I used to be a mascot in college and got a skin disease from it that has now lasted years. Is there Anything I can do?

The school was in Washington state and I was paid for being the mascot. I told them about it and had to stop working after I got a child’s skin infection from the suit.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. Unfortunately, this looks like it would be a tough case. When you say "years," that raises concerns about statute of limitations issues. That aside, if other mascots did not suffer similar reactions to the costume, that could be problematic for your claim. They could be found and contacted; it probably isn't a very large pool of people. If that costume is no longer available for examination after all these years, that could also present problems. Your best option is to contact attorneys to see if they would offer a free initial consult to discuss the matter. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.