Reading, PA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Puerto Rico

Q: With being far a way from my grandmother am I able to call the police to have people removed from her home

They are causing a lot of problems and neighbors are saying abuse is even happening in the house . Abuse to the elderly

1 Lawyer Answer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Carolina, PR
  • Licensed in Puerto Rico

A: Hello and thank you for using Justia.

You have been notified by a third party that your Grandmother is being subjected to Elderly Abuse. You must immediately call the Puerto Rico Abuse Hotline at (787) 725-9788 or (787) 721-8225 and report the abuse. In addition you can contact the Ombudsman for the Elderly at thier web site, http://www

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.

Jose M. Rivera Santos agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.